RS Vector vs Viper

Yamaha could stand to tune these engine for a little more power. The powerbands right now are so wide that most people probably wouldnt notice a slightly narrower powerband (especially if they gave you 5-10 more hp).
I also agree that the Vector is an amazing sled. Im looking foreward to riding one next month at Cruiser Fest in Minocqua, WI.
Im very anxious to see what Yamaha does for '06 to replace the Venom!
Hebi

can't say much about the vector but sign me up for a rage!neighbor has one and i love it infact I am working on selling my viper to my buddy so I can buy one!power is very comparable and i think it definetly has more trail tourqe.uses less gas and rides well.it mite not corner like a viper but with the ski-doo precision ski's it did real well.plus the throttle was softer and the seat was a ton better my *** gets numb on long rides on my viper!

ok here is my observations...

the vector is a great sled... wife has an er... i have a viper 136 ripsaw a few doodads including silencer roller secondary torque limiter.... she pulled me by two sleds off the start, i started catching her, then evened out... ran on hard pack and in the softer stuff, same results...

i think my skid needs some dialing in after stretching it, not getting enough transfer... but i am convinced four strokes are the next step...

dad has a new vector, I have an 03 viper. both BONE STOCK ENGINES AND CLUTCHING!! only thing done to either is I just revalved my shocks on the viper. the vector rides better, the front end is FAR superior as far as smoothness goes, it corners as good, and RIPS m eoff the line. if you are going along at about 20 mph and hit it it pulls like the 96 vmax 4 we used to have. it is quicler for SURE and the viper hits hiogher top end. after spending about 100-150 miles on the vector, I can say that it takes some getting used too and it is sort of like the srx in that it is sneaky fast. n ot loud and soooo smooooth you dont realize how fast you are climbing. and if you think tq is irrelavant you are not thinking it through. I have a 00 civic Si. 160 hp but only 111 ft/lbs. quick on the top an donce you get started, but sluggish off the line because of NO TQ!!! thats why dads vette is faster, tq! try the vector for a hundred miles, you will love it once you get adjusted. besides, it gets 20-21 mpg :rockon:

how important is torque when as soon as you punch it on a well-dialed in sled, you are at the peak power. RPM's can be at peak power ALL THE TIME in a snowmobile because of the CVT. The RX1 isn't any stronger on torque than the midsized two stroke twins, yet it will smoke most of them. You guys act like you are hanging in the low rpm's where torque is really important to getting it rolling. Where in reality you can be spinning 10,000 grand at 10 mph. One of the pros of CVT!

Back