Help with engine swap and wiring 87 Enticer

jethro

Hello! First post here!

I have an 87 Enticer 2 up longtrack with the 340T motor that I am trying to get going for an ice fishing sled. The engine on the 87 Enticer was junk, but I had an old Excel V, which might be an 83? that has a good, running motor. Had it running around the yard after cleaning the carbs and changing the gas. So I took the motor out of the 83? and put it in the 87, same motors, but the wiring is different colors and I can't make head or tails of it.

The 83 motor has the following wires coming from it- Black, White, Yellow, White with Red Stripe, Yellow with Black Stripe and brown. All are bullet connectors.

The 87 chassis has Red, Brown bullet connectors and then a 3 wire plug connector with Yellow, Black, White with a Red Stripe.

There is also a sperate Black and Orange that I am pretty certain goes to the coils, it's the only wire long enough and the colors match.

Anyone have any ideas? I can't get spark going no matter how I hook things up. The 83 motor has electric start that has been disabled. Also, the black wire coming straight from the old engine was never connected, it's cut, but it ran like that.

Any help is appreciated!

You need to get the wiring diagrams for both sleds so you can follow the wiring and get the right wires connected. I had to do the same thing when I put the xlv engine into the exciter chassis.

Geno

the easyest way to fix this would be to put the stator from the 87 motor into the 83 motor. then the plug-ins and wiring will be correct for the chassis.

Mmm, gotcha, makes sense. Do I need a puller to get the stator off? Took everything off and can't get the stator off.

I actually got the sled firing by switching the CDI box from the old sled to the new one and rewiring everything myself. Still working on getting the lighting circuit all figured out, but should be easy now and more importantly, worth it because now I know the sled fires.

Hello! First post here!

I have an 87 Enticer 2 up longtrack with the 340T motor that I am trying to get going for an ice fishing sled. The engine on the 87 Enticer was junk, but I had an old Excel V, which might be an 83? that has a good, running motor. Had it running around the yard after cleaning the carbs and changing the gas. So I took the motor out of the 83? and put it in the 87, same motors, but the wiring is different colors and I can't make head or tails of it.

The 83 motor has the following wires coming from it- Black, White, Yellow, White with Red Stripe, Yellow with Black Stripe and brown. All are bullet connectors.

The 87 chassis has Red, Brown bullet connectors and then a 3 wire plug connector with Yellow, Black, White with a Red Stripe.

There is also a sperate Black and Orange that I am pretty certain goes to the coils, it's the only wire long enough and the colors match.

Anyone have any ideas? I can't get spark going no matter how I hook things up. The 83 motor has electric start that has been disabled. Also, the black wire coming straight from the old engine was never connected, it's cut, but it ran like that.

Any help is appreciated!
Were you able to figure the wiring out? I am currently in the middle of the same project and can’t figure out wiring to get spark ?

Back