P-85 clutch on ET340

DYsLeXiC

Found a spare primary clutch from a friend off a Polaris xcr600.....wondering if anyone knows what kind of spring to throw in there......

DYsLeXiC said:
Found a spare primary clutch from a friend off a Polaris xcr600.....wondering if anyone knows what kind of spring to throw in there......
I imagine you would need different weights as well. Probably a different belt and you would have to set up your secondary to work with a wider belt. What year ET340 are you talking about??

I did some research. I dont think it will work because the stock clutch has a gear on the back for the oil injection. The polaris clutch does not.

its a 1980 with the oil pump removed ..... I premix. the wider belt I knew about, people do complain about the belt on these secondary clutches sitting too low anyways......so the bigger belt should be fine...

Maybe start with a calibration for a comet 108 for a phazer. Probably slightly lighter weights. That little 340 may have problems pulling the belt to max shift on the bigger P-85 clutch though.

Back