MM clutching with HC and Hauck roller?

norwegian

I've put on heelclickers on my 01 MM along with a hauck roller. I just can't figure out how I should set it up for ditchbanging/powder/trails while still being snappy. This is my setup:
HC
5,2g heel, 4 grams on the tip
15 mm rollers

Hauck roller secondary:
44/38 dalton with a hauck red spring at 70 degrees. I suspect that the spring is just a bit too tight. I just tried a dalton 50/38 with a hauck red for the heck of it, and the sled jumped like a wild bull and was crazy fast compared to the roller and helix.. I know you're supposed to run shallow angles on rollers, but If I go further down on the degrees, it will upshift even slower? I could just use this set up but I just don't trust it for powder riding, a 50 initial angle might be just too much for that.
Help me.

i would play with the 44/38 and your spring settings and if you have a green spring available, test with it as well.

i have ran the steeper initial angles without any real luck and a 45/37 was suggested for my set up. dont know about your roller clutch, but i dont see that much difference over stock.

hopefully someone else will chime in with some more input, i am thirsty for more info as well.

if you dont want that 44/38 any more, i may be interested.

Yes, I have a hauck green spring avaiable. I just might give it a try. Forgot to mention that the sled is geared 21/40 and I'm a flatlander. The manual calls for a 23/40 gearing.

Back