700 sxr to go 136/141?

yamadogg

VIP Member
not really familiar with the long tracks so here is a couple questions I started to extend a 2000 sxr to 136 maybe 141 but was looking to put a 1.25 track in with some studs but noticed that the track will barely clear front exchangers without studs so now what smaller drivers ??? hope someone can help me with this and please add anything I mite have to change thanks

yamadogg said:
not really familiar with the long tracks so here is a couple questions I started to extend a 2000 sxr to 136 maybe 141 but was looking to put a 1.25 track in with some studs but noticed that the track will barely clear front exchangers without studs so now what smaller drivers ??? hope someone can help me with this and please add anything I mite have to change thanks

If you go to an 8 tooth (probably should go with an extro-vert). By going with an 8 tooth you will have more room and this will drop gear ratio. Sticking with the stock 9 tooth drivers you would have had to gear down as longer track = harder to turn. Some one else may be able to chime in whether you will need to still re-gear or not with 8 tooth.

The difference between 9 tooth to 8 tooth to 7 tooth on 2.52" pitch is 11% per lug. So you will drop your final drive ratio 11% by dropping one tooth, and if you switch to extrovert drivers you can get some "free" hp by running the track looser.

skip the 141 theory, tracks are typically hard to find in that length and lug height. the 136 and 144 are more readily available.

just a "heads up" on 141 and 144 tracks, some can be 3" pitch so be careful with your money. 8 tooth drivers will give you plenty of clearance.

Back