Early et300 Wiring Diagram?

Kawgomoo

Hello all. I admit, being from phoenix arizona we dont see a whole lot of snowmobile action!

However, i have what i believe to be an et300 engine. It is single carb, stamped 297cc on the side of the head and says yamaha on the clutch.

This engine is destined for my golf cart. Much of what makes sleds great on the snow makes them great in the sand too!

Trying to get this little fart started. Picked it up off a very nice young man, who said it ran when he bought it. But after removing it from the sled was never able to make it run again.

Hopefully the cdi is not fried.

There is a single wire something..i assume a 12v rectifier in the harness. But as i can see no signs of electric start, or any kind of 12v acessory. Maybe it once had a battery for.....something?

If i could get this engine to start, i would be stoked! and would allow me to push forward with installing it into my cart {columbia par car}

I believe this engine to be pre 80's as it had the 3 wire ignition switch. but i could be totally wrong about that.

thanks in advance for any help. :sled2:

Well, i used the 340 wiring diagram i found on your site as a guide. Sure, this bike must be a 79 300c, with no battery. But it got the job done.

Basically, i just unhooked all the crap the kid had put on there, put a switch between the black and black/white wire...voila. spark. and ign kill.

Now on to my vacuum hose issue... all the fuel lines, oil lines, and the mystery hose off the back of the crankcase were cut. No clue what goes where!

More research! :)

yes they did use a pulse line. depends on which carb it had if the fuel pump was built onto the carb.

Back