O2viper700

Lifetime VIP Member
The only thing I can think of is that the speedo cable
Snapped and got wrapped around it

F3578B4B-2794-4E2A-B146-6CFC24A1B927-9137-00000F329EBC4491_zpsb30b2047.jpg

4817FCA6-7A46-4F17-88F9-B0366AD96EC6-9137-00000F32A762390F_zps9d94958a.jpg

I already bought a used clutch to replace it
With..

I had a plug fall out of the holder a few years back and get sucked up in the belt at 90. It'll make you pucker when the belt goes BANG. Had a couple dings in the sheeve that looked like that.

When you think a spare plug could have done this damage to the clutches it makes me think how ridiculous it is that we even carry spare plugs on our Yamahas...when was the last time you needed a spare plug to cure an issue on any Yamaha triple or Vmax4...for me...NEVER!!!!

sideshowBob said:
When you think a spare plug could have done this damage to the clutches it makes me think how ridiculous it is that we even carry spare plugs on our Yamahas...when was the last time you needed a spare plug to cure an issue on any Yamaha triple or Vmax4...for me...NEVER!!!!

Exactly! As long as its tuned rightn you shouldn't need a replacement....

The idea of having a plug holder on the clutch cover, is ridiculous.
Especially with less than perfect locking mechanism. I know a guy who had a 1997 Mountainmax ,a plug fell in and boom. I suspect something similar happened to mine too, (a 2001, but it must have been at idle, didn't damage the primary from what I can see, but made a dent on the cover and a mark on the secondary. Needless to say, when I got a new clutch cover, I didn't move the holders on the new one..

I had a belt blow on my vmax a few years back, the belt whacked the clutch cover so hard it blew the plug holders into a million pieces....now I keep the spare plugs in the trunk!

shaggyzr2 said:
I had a belt blow on my vmax a few years back, the belt whacked the clutch cover so hard it blew the plug holders into a million pieces....now I keep the spare plugs in the trunk!

Exact same thing happend to my buddy with is 97 sx700!
there were spark plugs every where!

Anything can do this. Anything loose under the hood like and old nut or bolt. A lost socket. No loose stuff under the hood!

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

Back