95 vmax 600 twin st

Frantz600st

I thought I'd start a log on my sled. I picked it up for 200 thinking it only needed to pistons and a sleeve but soon realized that the second cylinder was a bit rough. I planned on only putting 1000 into it including buying it but I'm already 700 in and still have to spend another 500 for the cylinders and head. Then need a thermostat and air filters. It has 1.5" camoplast in it. Psi twins, boost bottle, power reeds, polaris primary, just ordered wiseco top end, brand new windshield... A lot of other parts too. I'm not doing any body work this year just engine and a little bit of suspension. It's got 2700 miles on it all panels are in pretty good shape 2in bar risers 3" drop custom tunnel reinforcements. All maintenance. Hopefully it's all worth it. When I get a bigger sled it'll go to my gf or will be sold. The pictures are too big so I'm gonna resize them and put them up

half of them were taken by phone the other by camera

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).JPG
    photo 1 (1).JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 8
  • downsized_0608131553.jpg
    downsized_0608131553.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 14
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 5
  • photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 9
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 4
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 5
Ran into a snag

This bolt is stuck I am redoing all shims in the front end and this one bolt is jammed up. Tried hammering it and unbolting it out of there it'll spin freely but won't budge
Any advice?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 69
I have some misc vmax parts if needed just give a shout
have a pair of vmax 4 skis not mint but usable

a press will be your best friend for changing bushings and such on those front ends.

if you havent already figured it out, theres collars in those fittings that the bolts go through. in addition to the collars, there are brass type bushings for the collars to ride on.

a trick i use for removing the bushings is the drill press and a correct size drill bit. i would have to dig mine out. the drill bit is slightly larger than the id of the bushing but smaller than the id of the knuckles. slow and easy drill and you can fatigue the bushing enough to have it spin off on the bit without damaging the scissors.

not a bad idea to consider good used parts vs the tedious labor when rebuilding the tss fronts.

Back