Narrowing the MM front end

jt specialties

Has anyone here narrowed the front of the mm by shortening the radius rods to allow it to roll over easier in mountain terrain. What were the results and how far did you narrow it?

the mtn max already has the narrowest front end. the mtn viper and mtn max use the same length tie rods.

couple of things help the mtn max in the laying over department. have you removed the stabilizer? raising the front end up using viper style arms help it come over by getting the belly pan up out of the snow.

what skis do you have? doing the carl's cut on your skis will help alot. like others said, skis, viper arms. How deep is the snow your in? not for nothing but you cant carve in 12" of fluff on top of a hard base, just isn't gonna happen

Do you have a riser on it? I put a 3,5 inch riser and it helped immensely!

Second that, bar positioning is huge. The stock bars even with a riser will probably be a fight. Putting a t-post adapter and a double pivot bar setup that can let you get forward will help a ton. My neutral stance on the sled shifted forward about a foot (no joke) with my new bars. you can actually stand on the foot pads and wrong foot forward without having your thigh in the bars.

another option

I do not know if this will work for you. it depends on what kind of ski/saddle you have. I saw my buddies Polaris. they have the ski offset from the spindle. I have OEM Apex 200? skis and you have a lot of room to shim them around. I shimmed them in. the ski spindle is offset to the outside of the ski. Now I am not saying this made it a whole new machine, but I could feel a difference in turn initiation. I would look at the sticky about setting up the skid, and play with the tension on your springs. Getting a machine set for your weight can make a great difference. The next best option would be better shocks. works has some, I got fox floats to fit. MY 2 cents

Attachments

• ski connection 1.JPG
    ski connection 1.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Back