509 Goggles

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
Who's using 509 goggles and do you like them?I'm trying to talk myself into buying a pair of maybe the new style with polarized lenses but it's kind of hard to come up with an extra $120 -$130 right now.I really like the Scott 89Xi ones I use now,they have the light sensitive lens which I really enjoy.Don`t have to try and wear sunglasses under them with that lens.

I have a pair of sinisters I bought for this year. They look sick and seem to be very nice. I bought an afx helmet which matches the goggles perfectly as its the same helmet as the 509 evolution helmet. Super stoked to try em out!

509's are nice. If you get the chrome or mirror finish on the outside, just be careful because it scratches very easily.

My brother has them along with the 509 helmet, he says they awesome! I was going to get a 509 helmet n goggles but I couldn't pass up a 50$ helmet from royals no tax event.

I love my 509 goggles! I started with Sinisters a few years ago and loved them. Most of my family use them now too. Last year I got the Aviators with polarized lenses and they are AWESOME! Increased field of vision, very comfortable, and they look sick! The biggest downfall to the aviators is there is more lens to worry about scratching... but its well worth it in my opinion.
They are a little on the spendy side, and I'm sure you could argue that cheaper goggles work just as well, but if you have the money to do it... I highly recommend them.
Oh they also have some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with. When I bought a pair for my cousin, the lens came with a slight flaw (nothing MAJOR but slightly annoying). When I contacted customer support, they were extremely helpful and quickly shipped out a replacement lens for free.

509s are overpriced. Smith and about make great goggles and have been making them much longer and have more experience making goggles than 509.

But, then again, all the cool kids are wearing 509s.

I've been wearing MX helmets for snowmobiling for 15 or 20 years.

509s are overpriced. Smith and about make great goggles and have been making them much longer and have more experience making goggles than 509.

Just because 509 hasn't been making them as long, doesn't mean they don't make a great goggle! But yes, you can get cheaper goggles that work just as well! One of the reasons I bought my original 509's is they are designed specifically for snowmobiling (not that other brands don't make some snowmobile specific).

By the way, thank you for the compliment. I had my 509's before they became so popular and cool. ;)! I think that makes me a trend setter!!! :bling: Probably not though! :-(

I think that its a quite reasonable priced helmet/goggle combo. And in a combo is where they shine because they are made to seal up with each other. Make no doubt they are a high end goggle that have a very good field of view, great anti-fog, comfortable, durable, and yes they look amazing and on the side of that fast customer service.

I think that its a quite reasonable priced helmet/goggle combo. And in a combo is where they shine because they are made to seal up with each other. Make no doubt they are a high end goggle that have a very good field of view, great anti-fog, comfortable, durable, and yes they look amazing and on the side of that fast customer service.

I don't consider their combo a reasonably priced combo. IME, most Goggles fit into the helmets just fine. Snowmobile specific goggles have wider foam pieces to take up the space as well. My old Lazer 3 sport helmet wasn't the best for fitting to any part of goggles I had tried. A good balaclava sealed those areas off in the upper corners of the eye port.

I have not had a good experience with my 509 goggles, they scratched easy and fogged up and also didn't seal well to my face. Would not buy another pair, way overpriced. They do look cool though.

Been using Oakley O-frame googles for about 16 years(talk about brand loyalty).A few days ago I needed a pair of clear googles for night(full face helmet/visor doesn,t cut it in the cold anymore)so I pick up a pair of 509 sinstdec 29 2013 03.jpger youth googles at my Yamaha dealer(youth model is the only googles like the o-frame Oakley to fit in my KBC helmet).The 509 were excellent for night use(good fit,No fogging).

I have not had a good experience with my 509 goggles, they scratched easy and fogged up and also didn't seal well to my face. Would not buy another pair, way overpriced. They do look cool though.

After the last two wknds, I will no longer recommend 509's, at least the sinister x5's. This is my 2nd season with them and have had nothing but issues since day one. Fogging, then icing up, chrome lenses scratch if you breathe on them, excessive wind coming into the eye area so bad, your eyes water. I had read similar reviews about the same problems before buying them, but I ignored them because hey, they looked sweet! I wiped them off with fleece one time and it scratched them! Luckily, 509's customer service replaced them for me for free, but now those are scratched from removing ice/snow buildup. I've ridden with too many guys now that have $40 castle's or Scott's and never have problems. Last night, I rode back to my house doing 20mph because they were fogged/iced up so bad. If it hadn't been snowing, I would of just thrown them in the ditch and rode home without. 509's do look sweet, but they are not worth the $90 price tag IMO anymore

I just got 509 aviator goggles and an afx helmet. I've only used them twice so far but I am happy with them. They are comfortable and I have great peripheral vision with them. It was pretty windy at times and I had no problems with air coming in and freezing my eyes. I have the blue mirror tint lens and they do look awesome with the helmet :-)

Back