Spider removal tool?

Apher

I am trying to find a spider removal tool. I can not find anyone that sales one for a Yamaha. Let alone one that should fit a Mtn Max clutch. Anyone have any ideas? :o|

Apher said:
I am trying to find a spider removal tool. I can not find anyone that sales one for a Yamaha. Let alone one that should fit a Mtn Max clutch. Anyone have any ideas? :o|
I have one I got from a friend it is 40 inches long and has 6 pins that fit the spider nicely . Could be made and copied easy.

made mine, there are pictures on here somwhere, I used a long bolt, bushing that fit over the shaft, large flat washer under that and three washers welded around it cut like in a C shape that sets down over the spider arms. The large bolt was grade 8 1in bolt, about a foot long. works great. slide a cheater on it to loosen and take it off when it is loose to turn easier.

clamping fixture is just a flat plate with three tapered bolts sticking up through, set the clutch on and then two flat pieces with rubber on the ends hold down the clutch face. I screw it to a table when I need it, then I can push off of the side of the table against the jack handle I use as a cheeter. those thing can sure come apart hard some times. When you put it back together, don't put locktite on all of the threads like the factory does. just the last thread.

For what it's worth, I use the triagular shaped socket (3/4" drive) that is used for Polaris P85 spiders slightly modified to fit over a Yami spider. The holder is 1/4" metal plate simular to what BTV described with a chunk welded to the bottom to allow for chucking into a vise.

...and my work bench is bolted to the floor.

snomofo said:
For what it's worth, I use the triagular shaped socket (3/4" drive) that is used for Polaris P85 spiders slightly modified to fit over a Yami spider. The holder is 1/4" metal plate simular to what BTV described with a chunk welded to the bottom to allow for chucking into a vise.

...and my work bench is bolted to the floor.

What did you do to "Slightly Modified" it?

Apher said:
What did you do to "Slightly Modified" it?

It actually fit right on but due to the different shape of the spider the three buttons that are welded to the plate that engage the spider were kind of short. I ground down the edge of the plate in the area around the buttons so that they would drop down another 1/8".

Back