POV action cameras

nitris223

Anyone out there in Yammy world using the Drift innovations action camera. I am trying to decide if I need the HD1080 or will I be satisfied with the HD 720P model. Some reviews I have read said that most guys with the 1080 us it on the 720 setting. Seems kind of pointless to buy a 1080 and not use it fully. Some others think the 720 was a better camera.

I just want to video some of our rides. I don't think any of the POV cameras are perfect. I can get better video with my small sony handy cam but no easy way to fix it to the helmet.

The 720 is being sold for a little as $75 and the 1080 for a little as $195. I have to buy 2 but I want to get some feed back from actual users. Thanks.

I use a GoPro Hero 2, Motorsports Edition. Picked it up for about $150, I believe it was, last year during the week of Black Friday. While it's fun to video the rides and what not, I still have yet to do anything with the videos. I shoot 1080P all the time. I've used it on the boat for wakeboarding, I wear it on my head when I ride jet ski, and I hung and attached it all over the combine and semi this fall during harvest.

Haven't heard or read anything on the Drift innovations camera though. The only other one I've heard of is the Contour Roam.

Back