What seat for an 02 viper..

onlyblue

VIP Member
i have a small tear in my seat, have it fixed for now, but wife says i need a new seat, any recommendations? OEM? BOSS? 03 04 05 VIPER/VENOM??

let me know what you think....

I'm possibly planning on buying a new '04 pleated seat. I have called all over to bone yards and have had no luck. I just missed one by a few days. They are $594 new retail from Yamaha. I am going to try and see what dealer cost is.

It looks just like the SX/SXR or SRX seat of a few years ago with the pleats and side cushions.

Last edited:
The 04 is a nice seat, I was lucky enough to find one at a salvage yard for 125.00 and traded my old seat in with 4500 miles on it for this one with 500 miles on. There's almost 1/2 " more cushion than the old one and I personally think it makes the sled look better. I tried to buy hole sled because there wasn't a scratch on it, but I guess they make more money parting it out.It was a really nice sled it's to bad that is what happened to it.

I took it to an upholstery shop and had them put in firmer and thicker foam. Night and day difference.

Back