SRX Gearing

nailsandrails

VIP Member
00 SRX ported. Right now it has 23/35 gears in it. I thought 23/39 was stock, but I can't remember. Does it matter if you go down on top, or go down on bottom? I was thinking 3 on bottom = 1 on top? I do have a 37 bottom gear I was thinking of puting in it instead. I am just over 200#'s. I am just thinking it is geared to low for me to get a good top end right now. Thanks guys!!

wow,thats a 1.52 ratio,if the 37 is the same style gear as the 35 then install that and you would be at 1.61,which is what 98 SRXs had stock.Is that sled a slug with that gear ratio?I have been thinking of trying that with a different combo.-Harvey

Well I wasn't thinking and had the gearing backwards. I am now wondering if it was too tall of a gear for it to pull on top end. (on a shorter run) It actually doesn't run too bad now, I just thought it should have more on top end. I put in another post abour possible changing the gearing and different helix. I'll see what Turk has to say.

It would be considerably snappier with a 23/39=1.69 ratio.stock on the newer ones is 23/38=1.65.-what have you pulled for top end with the gearing you have now?Harvey

Back