Heres my sled..

1994VMAX

Heres some pictures of my 1994 V-Max 500

I know its dirty, need to wash it down this weekend! Then take it out for some sledding!!

Resized_Ski-doo1.jpg

Resized_Ski-doo2.jpg

Resized_Ski-doo3.jpg

Sean,

I have a short track and the winning formula for these machines is "traction", ...a little clutching does'nt hurt as well. My current setup for off trail riding is pretty darn awesome.

Attachments

• vmax10.JPG
    vmax10.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 29
Sean

I rode a friend of mine's 1994 V-Max 600 with a short track. I noticed two things different. First it felt short, more nimble and lighter. Second, the ride was more refined when it got rough. My sled seems to do quite well on the trails, while my friends 600 seemed to be rough on the trails. But when it got rough (ditch banging)the short track outperformed mine.

Mine seems to ride fairly nice. Not like the new ones though. I put new shocks in the back at 7000 km's. It now has about 9000 km's. Definetly like the long track, gives you a little bit more flotation in deep snow....the LAST place you want to get a sled like this stuck!

I like the looks of the old Max's too, painted side panels and all, they just look sleeker and cleaner to me. As far as how they handled and rode, the suspension on my '95 600 sucks! It handles bumps awful. I just had it in for service and had the whole rear skid gone through, apparantly the suspension on these Vmax's were a problem from day one and there were many complaints so yamaha offered a "performance upgrade" for these sleds, they offered an upgraded shock that is supposedly leaps and bounds better than the one that came on the sled, I had a new "performance upgrade" shock put on, had some new bearings and idler wheels put in it and it's good to go, only thing is I haven't gotten to test it out yet cause there is still no snow to ride on.

I lowered the suspension in the tunnel and installed 8T drivers, ...the xfr rods were relocated as well (more xfr), ...installed a 4 wheel kit and loosened up the track. It climbs like a full lug long track but is light and agile like a short track.

Back