Helix for 00 SRX with clickers Turk?

nailsandrails

VIP Member
I am running a 00 SRX ported with heelclickers. Right now I have a 48-36 helix with 23-35 gearing. I am just over 200#'s. I have looked at the set-ups on the tech pages and it looks like I would benifit from going to a helix with a 51 or 52 starting angle. I also just found out the sled was geared @ 23-35. What would be the best gearing to run for my weight, and also what helix? I know there are 10 ways to clutch, but if I understand it correctly I could benefit from the higher starting angle. From searching through the post on here I would go with 51/37 with green spring. The gearing looks like I should be at 23-39. Does this sound right to you guys...and would I benefit from the helix change? Thanks again for your help. I tried to research before posting.

Stock gearing is 23/37 & that is fine for a 160 pound guy. Heavier guys benefit from dropping 1 tooth on top. The 48/36 will be fine when clutched to run at 8500 rpm.

Thanks Turk. I may have a 51-37 available. Would that be better to use than the 48-36? I can get either one to run at 8500 thanks to your help with setting up the heelclickers. I just don't understand the clutching enough to know if I would benefit from the 51-37 helix. I looked over my notes from a couple of years back and it looked like you had originally thought the 48-36 was the way to go, but later found out that the 51-something was a little better??As always thanks for your help! It's also really nice to see your still on this board and posting regularly after all this time!! I am sure I speak for a lot of people when I say I can't thank you enough!!

With 51/37 I run 4 grams heel, about 3 grams mid & tip & green secondary at 60. I can,t remember 100% but it should be close. With 48/36 I am just guessing here but I think 4.5 grams heel, 4 -5 grams 1st hole & 3-4 grams tip will be close.

Back