viper bog wide open

rx1yama18

When i'm ridding my viper at high speeds nearly pinned and then pin it to the bars once and a while it will bog for a second. Any ideas what is causing this? Other than this problem the sled runs perfect

Are you talking about slipping in the secondary or primary? I'm curious because I spent a whole day trying to get my Viper with the Fix Cobra Mod dialed in and when I installed his clutch setup it would shift up to 8,000RPM them bog down to 7,500 and really struggle to get back over 8,000 unless I let off and put it to the bars again then it would pull up to 8,400 gradually. I did notice that the primary was getting hot too. I ditched his set up stock weights loaded 49.3 gram total weight and and installed heavy hitters with 55gram total in the weights. I got it to pull hard and shift out to 8,400 but my top GPS speed was only 85mph. I admit it pulled like locomotive to 80 but I expected to be able to get it over 100mph. Since this is a 136 M-10 Viper with Ripsaw I decided to put it back to stock for this weekends trip so we'll see how she does now. I also have a Viper-S which I installed the Cobra kit into with Fix secondary helix and spring and primary spring with my Heavy hitters instead of the stock weights loaded to the max. I've got that sled studded so it will be interesting to see how it works out. If I can get it dailed in I may run it up against a Fusion who will be riding in our group. If it's not spot on though I won't bother since the Fusion has 166cc advantage to start with.

i'm not sure if its slipping how do i tell if it is? It only does it once and a while when its pinned

Back