who ice fishes here?

jthemmer

Any recommendations, I plan on buying either an otter lodge or the clam voyager tcx. Upgrading this year from my non insulated quick flip 2.

A friend of mine has the clam nanook thermal that we fished out of last year, that thing is sweet, stays nice and warm even with a small heater. Both clam and otter are good, just make sure you get a thermal.

Ya mine isn't a thermal. But a mr.buddy heater on low setting keeps ya nice & warm. I heard you can fish in your t-shirt with the thermal though!

Ya...with a thermal you don't need to wear much. Thermals do cost more but in the long run it does pay for it's self since you don't need to run the heater as much.

You can get a third person in there but it's a little tight. We had one person on each seat and the third sat on a bucket between/infront of us by the door. Not sure about the otter but the clam also has a back door which is nice to have.

Not really. Me and my father fish out of it but he usally kicks me out to set up all his stuff. The nanook has two septet seats so that would make it difficult. Still a great shanty.

I believe the otter has a bench seat. I thought about making a bench seat for the clam so I can get 3 people in there. Ya it would be tight...but it don't matter when ya got lots of pop!! That 2nd door the clam has is nice especially with the swivel seats! I just wish you could stand up in it. That's the only thing I don't like about the clam...do you really need to stand in it, no. But it would be nice! Seats are a little hard on the arse too. Thought about upgrading those too....

Last edited:

Back