Spring Preload - 96 xt

dnale

VIP Member
Where should I be at for preload of the rear skid on a 96 xt? I'm 200 or so with gear. I don't know where it is now, but does anyone have a suggestion for where it should be?

Sit On Sled / Full Gear , Gap In Transfer Rods Up / Lower Should Be The Same . Info I Got From Ohlins When I Got There Shock

I've been thinking about that too. I haven't done anything yet, but I know that I've got too much sag in it right now.

It's probably a personal preference thing. I plan to tighten mine up in the next few days to see if there's a diff.

If I adjust one, do I have to adjust the other to match? Seems like the front shock would do most of the work when it comes to keeping the track on the ground, and the rear one handles ride comfort.

Am I right?

Major,

I wish I knew. I have heard of others increasing the preload on the front shock or getting a stonger/longer front spring and it kept it from bottoming out and was a better ride.

dnale,

I'm picking up one of those spanner wrenches this week so I can play with the preload in the shocks.

Right now, they're at the softest (stock) setting.

I plan to experiment this weekend. I'll post up with anything I discover.

Back