Srx back fire?

Swiffer26

Fired up the SRX last night and it back fired. It did it only once then the next pull it fired right up. This is the first time ever. Is this caused for concern? It has very cold the last couple days and took alittle longer then usual to start. Also almost every time I start while its cold it fowls a one plug. It's never the same plug. I can usualy tell because the pipe to the cylinder is cold and the other ones are hot.

What kind of RPM's should I be at when the sled first moves. It was doing it at 3,000 last night. Is this normal?

Thanks Josh

a backfire every once in awhile isn't really a cause for concern. It usually takes place when there is extra unburnt gas in the combustion chamber and pipe, so when it is ignited, it explodes quickly, making a quick pop. For sleds that backfire right after shutting them off, let them idle longer before shutting them off, because that will lower the temps as well as allow less of a chance for excess gas to get through to the hot pipe and explode. As for your plug fouling on start up, make sure you don't give it ANY THROTTLE until it is warmed up good, for at least 5 minutes, or it will foul a plug everytime. If it starts to die when it is cold, give it a quick shot of the choke, and repeat until it stays running on its own. Just DON'T TOUCH the throttle when cold.

Back