Waterfoul made me do it

crewchief47

Lifetime Member
Website
sledtoyz.com
http://www.totallyamaha.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9269

Well, since I didn't want to be the only one with ugly black screens, I decided to paint them today. :wink:

Also had the ski saddles powder coated. The black paint was peeling off them bad, almost 50/50 paint/aluminum. How much should have both of those saddles cost to powder coat? :ORC I'll let you al know if I got ripped after some replies.

Attachments

• screens1.jpg
    screens1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 27
  • screens2.jpg
    screens2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 20
  • saddle.jpg
    saddle.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 20

looks nice. you know someone that does powder coating? ic ant find anyone around here so i might have to ship things to get the painted

Glad I could be of service!!!

I didn't bother with the two screens under the chin. Seemed like a LOT of work to get them off and re-riveted on. Mine have the really big head rivets holding them on... and I couldn't find any to replace them at any local hardware stores.

I have plastic skis on the way with aluminum saddles. Gonna have them coated when they get here. I have an old supplier buddy who runs a powder coating plant accross the street from my company. He did some boat parts for me several years ago. Aluminum Dart high rise intake manifold and a set of Merc 502 valve covers. Did them in a bright purple for $20. All of it for $20!! What a deal. Now if I could only find his number.....

Your's looks very nice though!!

Last edited:
Ok, I did alright. Keep in mind the guy who did the saddles for me, sponsors the race car I help out on, so he was nice to me. $40 Canadian for both. Yes, he could have been much nicer but I'm happy and they look good.

Mine have the really big head rivets holding them on... and I couldn't find any to replace them at any local hardware stores.

I think we get them from auto supply stores for the car but they may be special order. I didn't grab any rivets from the shop and ended up buying some at the hardware with the small head, just used the old drilled out large head as a washer. I must remember to buy some with the steel nail though, the Aluminum nails don't pull very tight.

I used as couple of steel nailed ones on the twin screens in the middle... talk about hard to break... it took everything I had to get them to pop!

oh for anyone that has plans on painting there grills. for the hood grill rivits they are aluminum with 3 peices that stick out the back to hold them in better. instead of drilling them grab a pair of wire cutters and cut off the back. much easier then drilling.

Yeah, I ended up using a couple of small washers to make mine tighter.

Huh..huh...huh... I said "tighter" . . . . huh....huh....huh....

Back