Question with Grips?

yamsrx700

I will try this one more time. I added sportech hooks to my srx and my heated grips quite working. I think I damaged the wire inside the grip when I cut the grips. My question is what kind of heated grips are you guys putting on that go all the way over the hook and bar? I think the deep style grips from Yamaha will work but no pics of it on Port Yamahas' site. I know alot of you guys are running hooks, I need to know what grips are long enough to go over these and are still heated? Please help. Thanks!

when i did this, i didn't cut the end of the grip, i actually just got a drill bit the I.D. of the handlebars and drilled through the end of the grip to install the hooks. This works much better because then you don't have to cut the flat part of the grip where the heating wire runs through.

Ya, I figured that to when I started but I didn't like the taper it left from the grip to the hook, with that big knob, so I carefully cut the grip back to the flat part and mounted that way. But I guess I somehow messed up the heating element. I see Cat makes roll on grips with heating tape as the element. Wonder if that would work, or maybe MM700 grips??

Back