Leaking Antifreeze

ParkRanger29

I am leaking antifreeze from my sled somewhere? It does not leak when not running, I had to stop on the way home engine was over heating luckily there was a farmer behind me on his Polaris Ranger we went to his farm and i put on some 50-50 antifreeze. I drove for awhile and filled it up a bit more. When i got home i let it run in the driveway for about 15 mins, it had some spotting on ythe ground not much. The thin is when i got back i noticed alot of antifreeze on the ground from when i originally took off. I am letting it melt down in the garage and will check all connections. I believe it may be leaking from the silver part right after the resevor ? Im not much of a mechanic and have not serviced a snowmobile before. Not to say im not mechanically inclined. Anyhow im hoping its not the Heat exchange, it does not leak when not running. Anyhow any suggestions will help. Also what do you think it would cost if i had a mechanic replace the heat exchange. It sounds like alot of work. I have a shop i can use and our head of maitinance is a self taught mechanic. Any suggestions are appreciated i just bought the sled and would like to ride for x mas vacation. Im gonna take it for a ride tomorrow and see if its still sucking or leaking antifreeze.

Its comming out your overflow tube and dripping down to belly pan. If over heating try bleeding system for air. Also change resivoir cap. Had a bad one and it would cause it to overflow like it was overheating even though it wasn't.

Back