Exciter won't stay running

bmxinallday

So I fired my exciter up today and took it for a run down the driveway when I got to the end I picked up the back to turn it around and it shut off. I pulled it and it hired right back up so I went back down the driveway got by my house and it shut off again fired tight back up first pull. Then I brought it to the yard in about a foot of powder I started turning and it shut if. What could be causing this. I was thinking throttle free play maybe also my throttle block is real loose could this be causing it. Almost feel like it happens when I turn. Could the block be moving causing different throttle free play or something. Any ideas

I rode it some more today it isn't having that problem so much sometimes I'll stop and the thing just bogs down other one I'll stop and start and it doesn't bog. Also one plug was starting to get that nice cardboard brown around the top other was dark brown almost black I believe from when my jet neefle broke could this plug be causing bogging if it fouled

Also the bogging seems to be getting progressively worse to the point that before I stopped riding I had to pull it like 3 or 4 times to get it to start without bogging down come to think of it I think that's the side with a broken choke plunger that I forgot to replace seems like this could be the problem

There could also be water in the fuel. I had a similar symptom a few years ago. The last time it stopped, it seized. Water in the fuel would get in the combustion chamber and prevent the fuel from igniting then the engine would shut off. After some time, oil was washed off the piston skirt by the water and it seized.

I'd recommend getting fresh fuel and cleaning the carb. If that doesn't solve it, look into the wiring. Remember to follow the kiss rule as you go.

Back