throttle

newyamaha

Hi all, i pulled my carb rail for cleaning... (2001 Venture 600) put it all back together started it up and i have zero throttle.... Need help. There are two cables.... the one that connects to the carb rail has slack.. I'm guessing that is the override, however it connects to the cam. The cable that connects below the carb rail (from the thumb) is working however when I had the machine started it did nothing.... oops Can anyone lend a hand?

The cable that connects to the cam on the carb rack is your throttle cable. It should have some slack with the thumb throttle closed, but you should be able to see the cam rotate as you open the thumb throttle.

The cable that connects below the carb rack is your oil pump cable, you typically wont see anything move with it unless you can see down by the crankcase where it attaches, there is, or should be, an arm that moves.

You've got a choke cable in there as well, but from your description it doesn't sound like this is an issue, although I'm not sure if the choke cable and throttle cable could be mixed up at the carbs, never even thought of it or tried it.

The override is electrical, just wiring and switches on the carb rack and thumb block.

Make sure all of the cable barrel ends are seated properly. Assuming they are ok at the engine end, check your thumb lever, as both cable barrels seat just on the inside of the lever, you can see them and both cables easily (at full throttle you should see the two little metal cables running between the handlebar throttle block and the thumb lever). Your throttle cable barrel may have popped out but the oil cable barrel stayed in place?

Back