Vmax 700 clutch noise

vmax7002

Hey, Just bought a new to me 02 vmax 700. Sleds runs awesome. I picked it up off a friend, who also was the original owner. Sled has 1800 babied miles on it. Bone stock. Just the other day upon cold start up it had a knocking sound. I thought at first it was the motor but upon opening the hood i realized its coming from the far left (clutch side) the knocking goes away once warmed up. After shutting it down during a ride for 10 min i started it back up and its nice and quite. So its only an issue when its cold. Any thought on what it could be????

Runs excellent when warm, fires right up warm or cold. Just the noise is pretty loud when cold.

You can check the gear of the electric start if you have one ! It is attach to the clutch ! mine did that and I just tighten the bolt ad it was fine !

ahh they all make a bit of noise when cold. just wait till the metal heats up and expands. i run with 2 sxrs 1 sx and 2 vmaxs all 700 redheads, and they make some noise when starting in -30!

If you believe the noise is in the clutch area then pop it off and check out the individual components,rollers,flyweights and springs.If you have e start then make sure all the bolts are tight.

Back