hydrualic/pneumatic exhaust valves

sxviper32

can you put either polaris or ski-doo powervalves on a srx to eliminate all the wiring and crap? which system is better? anyone ever done this? psi has a system i know but its close to $1000 for everything!!! thanks!!!

Problems with the valves?

Are you having problems with your valves? The only advantage to the pneumatic exhaust valves would be cost of replacement parts. The electronic systems have a lot more flexibility. If I recall right doesn't the SRX open the valves when you blip the throttle when idling? Kind of acts like a clean cycle. ALso you can open the valves earlier based on throttle position, temperatures, etc, etc

sxviper, you would need to have holes drilled in the cylinders to get the press. up to the valve assembly, they are activated by crankcase press., they use the poo and doo valves like this on the aftermarket cylinders, (price,htg,etc.)I think your gonna be in for alot of $$ at your machine shop to adapt them to the srx cylinder. I really cant see any advantage, as the srx cdi opens them, and they coincide with the timing curve. If your building a race engine, you can just lock the valves open, most times the engagment speed is over 6500rpm and the valves are of no use then(already open), I have this done on a pro stock engine, simply drill and tapp the end of the powervalve, then install a bolt and locknut thru the housing, adjust wide open and tighten lock nut, end of cables and servo motor.

Back