Club starting trail cutting/clean up

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
For those that don't live in the areas affected by the ice/freezing rain storm last week consider yourselves lucky,our sled trails are all but impassable,but my local club had an emergency meeting last night and I guess there's going to be at least one if not two machines hired to do the cutting and get some of our trails cleared enough to ride on again.One of the machines,a small excavator,will have a mulching head on it and the other is a regular excavator,from what I've been told,so with any luck at all within the next couple of weekends we'll have rideable trails to the point that we can actually put on some miles.Going to try and get a small group together tomorrow and do what we can,every bit helps.

I've been out a few times over the years with a sleigh and a chainsaw. Enjoyed it.
Also been waist deep in a crick putting a culvert in for the trail. Didnt enjoy that so much, but I was the closest guy to home. :brr

Was out on Wednesday and 3 of us cut about 9km of trail,not all of it was thick with downed trees but in the time we put in we did pretty well considering 2 of us cut while one threw the brush off,and that one was a woman.She did damned well I'll say that.There's supposed to be another group going out tomorrow to do another section,hopefully there'll be more bodies.

Back