2000 MMax SLP's, gutted air box 151"@ 900ft

sifton

Started with 150 mains and 45 pilots- plugs looked kinda lean. Went to 152.5 mains and 47.5 pilots. When you smack the throttle off the line, it has the infamous bog. Should have I left in the 45 pilots? Any help appreciated. Thanks. And needle clips dropped 1 notch.

If it's bogging from idle to pinned the pilots won't help much. How does the plugs look with the bigger jets? It has come up again and again, but carb issues have been disguised as clutching when the clutching isn't right.

Right from slp's site. 0-20° 0-5000 elev. Stock 45 pilots. needles at clip 3. mains 147.5. and air screw at 1.5. It also says if the shelf is removed to go up one size main jet.

Did you Drill extra holes in the air box as well? I did that on my 2000 MM700 with AAEN pipes and did exactly as you are describing. If so try taping over one or two of the extra holes drilled. If that cures it at least we can narrow down a more permanent fix.

When I had the 45's and 150 mains, it had no bog. I wanna take it for a run this week an check the plugs again. I will get back to you guys and let you know how I made out. Thanks for the help. And yes, air box drilled.

Took it for a ride today, was warm out but all seemed good. Center plug looked a litter leaner than the other 2. Didn't bog off the line either. We will see what happens once it gets colder out.

I run the slp's on my sx and I too tried the air box mod with the 150 mains... it don't work for your elevation!!! the air box mod is only for very high ele. and is real finicky at lower ele. ...tape em shut!

Back