Electrical Help Needed, 01 SXR700

gsxra

I rebuilt my 01 SXR700 because the brass gear on the crank was slipping. After install in the motor, started it and everything was great. Then within minutes of running the headlights went from bright to dim, then the tach went out, then I couldn't rev the engine up anymore (I did override the throttle sensor with no change). I shut it off, a couple times during this problem, on the final start the headlights were dim, the tach was out, and when I go to rev the engine it spits and sputters. Shut off, checked a couple things, went to start it and it would not fire - checked the spark, no spark. I took the stator out and check to see if any of the wires were rubbing against the flywheel - no.

I don't know how to check the stator to see if it's good or not. To me it sounds like I was losing electrical power, to the point were the ignition did not have enough juice any more.

Any comments, how do I check the stator?

Thanks
gsxra

Ohm meter on the wires going to the cdi box, p/u a manual, should tell you what two wires to test, or take it in to Performance Motorsports in Merrifield, talk to Tye, he's an excellent sled head. 218-829-7774

I think I found the problem

The magneto spun on the woodruff key. Causing the sled to be out of time and not produce any electrical power.

Back