ridding today - need suspension help

BlueSRX7

Hey guys, I have a question regarding the rear suspension on my SRX 700. I blew out my last rear suspension (long travel upgraded), and replaced it with a 2004 brand new RX-1 rear. I was told they were virtually identical and it should work perfectly.
After I finished installing it, it seems to be sitting very low – much like the stock suspension (8 inch) use to look.
When I had both suspensions out and side by side they looked identical, mounting points and all.

My question(s) is there anything I might have adjusted incorrectly that has caused this? Is there anything I can adjust to raise the rear and still not hinder the performance. Is there anything to worry about?
All said and done, the sled used to sit and look bad *** – now it looks like a stocker!
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

1) are the transfer rods keeping it from full rebound (sitting high) check that you have a gap on both ends when you are sitting on the sled. take the end bolts off to see if it will rise more. then make extensions if needed to dial the gaps back in

1.5) do you have the transfer rods mounted in a rear hole thus not allowing full extension/travel

2) where is the sla or fra or whatever it is called set at ( the front mounting slot for the rear spring.

3) is the spring preload set appropriate for your weight . with no load the shocks will fully extend sitting on the bench, but may set in too much when loaded with weight.

hope this helps get you started

Ramb

Back