can i put a RX-1 suspension in place of my SRX?

BlueSRX7

I had the Maxxim long travel kit but destroyed it. I have replaced it w/ a new RX-1 rear skid. Is this OK???
I was told that more or less Yamaha suspensions are pretty universal. It just dosent seem to sit like the old long travel kit I had.
Trying to go ridding in a couple of hours and looking for a quick answer.
Thanks.

the rx1 suspension will probably sit higher than the long travel kit because the long travel kits are made to have more sit-in to keep the cornering the same. The rx1 suspension should perform very similarly to the long travel kit once you get it set up. There is no problem with putting that suspension in that sled. One thing that would maybe improve the balance a little would be to put long travel shocks on the front end, so it is a little more balanced front to rear. Just make sure you get the rear set up for the ride height you want. Set this with the spring preload, and then adjust the FRA, control rods, limiters, and front preload for ride quality and weight transfer.

Last edited:
RX1 susp.

thanks for the reply.
I all ready have the front LT suspension kit. The rear is just sitting lower than I remember, looks identical to a stock 8inch SRX rear, and I was wondering if there is anyway to get this thing back to where i "think" it should be w/out screwing things up?
I have never really played w/ suspensions so I have had alot of questions.
thanks.

hey blue....
i responed in your other post with some helpful hints

i went through the whole learning curve this season too by putting viper shocks on mine..... but think i understand now.....

Ramb

Back