best track for a 1999 SX 600

Johnny_Skeptical

the stock track on my SX right now has 2300 miles on it. I really don't care for it in deeper snow conditions or trails that are only groomed once in a while. I have heard only the best and only great things about the new RIPSAW. i have been told by many rx-1 and srx guys that this IS THE TRACK. would you rather have the stock track with 96 picks or the RIPSAW? thanks later

Johnny, I have the exact same sled, 4500 miles, and recently installed the ripsaw. The sled is now over reving to 9200 rpms. Still not sure if it's the new track or something else. Searching for the answer or would it be the question? Let the journey begin.

BTW...I rode a friends SRX for 100 or so miles today with a ripsaw track. I'll never go to another studded track again. Sure if it's icy, I'll just slow down a little going into the corners. But coming out of them is a blast. Deeper snow is no problem compared to the .75" track on the SX6. Had a smile on my face every mile we traveled.

YamiSmurf

Just put a 1" six pitch camoplast track with a 144 studs down the middle on my SX600. Day and night difference!! Had a stock track with 168 studs before.

Just a note: The new 1" track does rub on the heat exchanger protecters. To fix it, I trimmed a few little nubs back and now it doesn't rub.

Do the ripsaw from what I've heard. You may have to remove the tunnel and front heat exchanger protectors or if you have a dealer do it then nevermind, they'll take care of that. I have a 1 3/8 snowcross track on my SX-R 700 and will never go back to anything less than 1 1/4 and kind of wish I'd bought the ripsaw myself due to higher top speed due to less weight than my track.

Back