Choke sticking...

MonctonR1

Website
www.gixxer.20m.com
I think my choke might be sticking on sometimes. Anyone know where I can lubricate it.. I say this cause for the first 2-3 minutes my 700sx runs like a dog and the sled feels like it is running on 2 cylinders. Once it warms up and I give it a few WOT runs, I am Ok.

open the hood, watch the carbs and flip the choke open and closed, find the enrichener arm and make sure it is clean of debris. usually it's not the cable giving you the sticking, but the arm itself. i flip mine open & closed several times before starting to make sure it is free and moving. that way i dont have the issue you speak of. been there done that. ski

I had this happen to my 700sx once. It was the actual arm, not the cable. I just spayed it with some wd40 and worked it open and closed a few times and it never happened again.

if you look at the shaft running across your carbs in front of them it will slide through a boss built in the carb. spray this down good with carb cleaner on all three. then use some spray white lithium grease to spray into the hole in the boss to lube the shaft. work it back and forth while you do this. make sure when you pull your choke that all three choke plungers pull and return at the same time and are adjusted to do so.

Back