Heat Exchange Protectors on Venom ??

NY_Warrior

My brother-in-law has a new SX Venom. The optional heat exchanger protectors seem outragious, especially the fronts ($55.95 each and a pair are required). Why would they sell the rear in pairs and the fronts as each ?
Also the fronts say "new" does that mean anyone who had an 04 Venom didn't have front protectors ? All the Cats and Polaris we have owned never had front protectors, only an extremely loose track will allow the studs to hit the front.

Does everyone use the front protectors ?

most sxR, srxs, and vipers came stock with front and tunnel protectors. generally you add the rear protection "if" you add a rear cooler to the viper/venom. the only viper that came stock with a rear cooler was the viper S. ski

You should definitely use the front protectors. I believe you should be able to use the old style accessory front protectors sold by Yamaha. They are part #SMA-8CR32-12-01 and retail for $69.95/pair. The only main difference between them and the new ones sold individually is the width. The old style ones might be slightly wider. I believe the new ones are roughly 1/2" wide as the old style are 3/4" wide. The only problem you may encounter with the old style being wider is they might slightly contact the lug. If so you may need to trim the lug down in that area. I personally don't think they will hit but I haven't seen one done yet to be sure.

Remeber to also use tunnel protection and rear cooler protection on that sled as well. Give me a call if you have any more questions.

Back