YAMAHA SIGN..honest opinions..and remember perfection is boring!!

roscoman

YAMAHA SIGN..honest opinions..and remember perfection is boring!!
PAINT ON A REAL CANVASS PICTURE FRAME
THIS IS MY 1ST ONE SO NOT FOR SALE BUT REALLY CURIOUS WHAT SOMEONE WOULD PAY FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS?? AND PLEASE BE HONESTIMG-20140204-00195.jpg

I guess ill break the ice on this one...........Well, what was the intended finished product? At first glance TO ME its not overly appealing, but taking into consideration that this is the first attempt I think there is potential for more appealing drafts in the future.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

not intended to be perfect!! but thanx for opinion!! if ur into the whole antique/rustic type thing then maybe itd appeal to ya alittle more..thanx

I can't figure out if this is a joke or not? Are you being scarcastic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^i took a deep hard look at it and didnt know what to post. The tuning forks look good but lettering could be better i guess. (Coming from someone who can barely write his own name)

Can't say I've found perfection, or more correctly, the pursuit of perfection boring in any way.

The layout of the forks are good and show your pursuit of getting them 120 degrees apart and straight. It's framed better than the emblem on the hood of my SRX but I assume the schmuck dealer I bought it from stuck it on and not some asian fellow out west.

The Yamaha is framed well but it's like you need to counter the clumsey tail of the Y with something on the bottom right. You're sig helps.

I'm not partial to the mixing of free hand with stencil or compass.

I'd suggest using all the same either upper or low case in "racing". Letters/numbers with rounded tops or bottoms are always taller then the rest.

I like it but wouldn't buy one.

Just call me TY art - er, um... Super Art Critic!

you axed.

If you like it that's great. Keep it for yourself and be proud of it. Stick it up in your garage.

I don't think anyone would pay anything for it at all however. I'll be totally honest; this looks like a child painted it.

If it's something one of your children did then it is good. If you did it.... you need art lessons. (Sorry, you said to be honest!)

Ill give you some credit for trying with paint! If you cant draw you'll never be able to paint. Not to be cocky but painting and drawing Im pretty good at. I also enjoy working on stuff. (why im here) but everyone has their gifts. Im terrible at so many things. Here's a painting I did recently of my sister to show though its not related but... 544829_4828607357180_322664011_n.jpg

Ill give you some credit for trying with paint! If you cant draw you'll never be able to paint. Not to be cocky but painting and drawing Im pretty good at. I also enjoy working on stuff. (why im here) but everyone has their gifts. Im terrible at so many things. Here's a painting I did recently of my sister to show though its not related but... View attachment 54081

There's some talent! I'm sure you could find a buyer for something like this!

Yes I bet if they want a picture of some random 5yr old girl painted by a 20yr old kid

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yes I bet if they want a picture of some random 5yr old girl painted by a 20yr old kid

id pay more for that than a can of soup, or just a complete mess of splattered on paint... Little creepy though ahaha

Well the paint sitting on the illustration board there is worth more than a can of soup alone. Liquitex acrylic is crazy expensive.

Back