1997 mountain max 600 for my 2000 banshee??

howsahemi

Hey guys. I have a guy interested in trading me his mm600 for my banshee. Looks like a pretty nice sled. Reverse. Two up. New engine from yamaha about 200 miles on it. My banshee is completely stock. I don't really need to sell my banshee just testing the waters and this is kind of interesting. Thoughts?

Personally i would do it but i dont have any use for a wheeler. Do you use ur wheeler often? A yam for a yam is always a great trade

So it's a 97. 10k on the sled. At least odometer is broke. Supposedly has a brand new crate engine but I'm skeptic. Doesn't look too new. Supposedly 200 miles on the engine. Do they even make a mountain max 2 up?

I dont believe they do to be honest. U might wanna keep that wheeler lol. Sled looks to be fairly clean though for the yr. maybe the motor is new do compression check. No that wont tell you if motors really new or not but it will tell you something. If sled runs good track is good and thats sled u want then that could be a fair trade

They didn't make a mm 2up. They made a 600 venture which is what I have. Same sled except a blue hood, and the 2 up seat. Someone simply put that seat on. No biggie.

Engine looks like the head has not been touched. If be skeptical of the" new" motor too. Btw mine pulls 129 psi per cylinder for compression with over 8k on it. I thought mine was a little rough under the hood, but not compared to that 97.

The seat is a newer design than the 97 design we have, you can tell as the back rest is different and it's 2 tone grey and black, where mine is all black. Just confirmed what I knew as the sear isn't the same vintage as the sled.

What do you value your banshee at?

Last edited:
X3 on NOT BUYING the 200 miles.........That looks like 10K worth of crud on the engine. Even if you intentionally neglected EVER cleaning it would take a lot longer than 200 miles to look like that!

I have my banshee listed at 2250. It's pretty clean and unmolested. Don't really want to sell it but have been getting some action. So I'm prolly in the ballpark.

With reverse, electric start, studs and srx plastic skis, I don't think I would get any more than 2k for it In peak of the season., and that's with less miles. Since that sled doesn't have e start, reverse, and the original skis, there's quite a price gap between that sled and your banshee.
Idk, unless you are wanting to unless that quad, I think you can find better.

Edit, it looks like it has reverse on it, but still

Last edited:
Being some what of a "mutt" sled (mtn max with a venture seat) you really cant compare price evenly to a Mtn/V max,sx,sxr or a venture. I know I am nearly a whole state away but there is much nicer Sx, SxR, Vmax and ventures posted locally for $1200-1750 that aren't selling. Being winter the sled has more of a right now demand but I think you could find a better sled as well......what I am seeing in these pics at best is a grand less than the $2250 your quad is worth.

Back