Rebuilt suspension, now hyfax sticking.

Adam2zl

Recently rebuilt the rear suspension on a 2000 sxr 700, after a the front shock let go and destroyed the track.
Anyway long story short got it all back together. Set it up as per tech page, the thing runs like a dream. Was never happy with the suspension performance until now. Problem is now it's over heating the hyfax, and I really don't want to go back to the old setup. I am running almost no preload on the front shock with the limiter straps loose right to the end on the threads. Is there anything i can do to help with this other then tightening up the limiter strap?

put a set of hyfax savers -wheel kit in er... Put a thinner plastc shim in the transfer rods, turn the FRA down to soft setting, put more preload on the front ski s...............

run et410 hyfax as it is a bit narrower and lets more snow in on clips. used to do this on brothers viper.

Is it a every window open track and are the sliders the cheap ones? And are you not running picks now is what I am thinking.You can put larger wheels from any other brand as they do fit and help with rolling resistance.Sometimes the first ride on ice will show fast wear and than it will stop.

Its a Fully clipped all window open track. Not sure of the type of slider on it now, picked up a set of the graphite ones from royal today to replace. nothing was changed on it other then the shock, track and suspension settings. Never had a problem before. she got hot today clips turned a little blue. The new track is studded down the middle.

What barry said, the looser the better (to an extent). I usually put them fairly loose then take her for a spin and make sure it won't ratchet the track if so tighten up a little. You also need to heat cycle the highfax to get better wear.

run the polaris size wheels on atleast the two fronts, and better all four, and better, all 6. Or, a wheel relocating kit.

Okay, I will try the offset bushings, I guess that all that holds them in the down position is the clamp load of the screw? BETHEVIPER thanks for your thread on rebuilding and setting up the skid. I was truly at my wits end with the bad ride, handling and darty steering. I told my riding buddy today its the first time that I truly enjoyed the sled.

Back