Shocks from other Yamaha sleds that will fit 2001 Mountain Max 700

cloudman1981

Does anyone know of other models of Yamaha snowmobiles with shocks that will fit a 2001 Mountain Max 700? I recently busted mine and I am having a difficult time finding used Mountain Max 700 shocks. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Go into the parts section on this site select your year etc.Write down the part # of the shock for your year.Then with patience and time go through other sleds and years and find the same # and you have it! Thats how I found shocks for a couple sleds I worked on good luck.Also parts personal will stare straight thru you if you go to a dealer and expect them to waste their time on you looking for this!!

Partzilla allows you to look up your part number, and click on it. It will show you what other models will use the same part. I have a set of OEM mountain max shocks w 695 original miles. Pm me if interested.

I just went through this a few weeks ago. I was tryin for a set of KYB's on my mountain max from a viper only to find out the hard way it's not that easy. Start with the works performance shocks fit chart. The mountain sleds all use a shock that is 15.38" eye to eye with a forked upper mount. I wished I had looked at this before I bought the first set, now I have a set of long viper shocks to sell.

There are a few sets of viper moutain shocks on eBay right now if you want to go that route. The problem you may (will almost certainly) is that trying to just find a single shock it will certainly be worn and have different performance than the other one. Another thing to consider. While the chances of finding a set are lower, shocks from a phazer mtn lite or early mm 600 twin have different spring rates and may not have enough preload to give you the proper set in even turned up all the way.

Back