05 rs vector rear end damage...need advice!

alsterr1

hey guys im new to the fourm and new to this amazing sport,,been riding bikes and getting bored over winter months until a buddy mine took me sledding and had the time of my life , gets me through the winter months with a smile now !!! long story short went out and bought a used mint 05 vector with 3000 miles..mint shape ,show room condition, awesome! well 400 miles into trailing and another friend of mine rammed in to the rear and twisted the rear tunnel.sled still drives straight and no other issues ,continued on our trip f0r another 300 miles , my question is to repair the tunnel or replace it and what other year frames fit for my particular year,,,or should I just part it out ,, would like to hear some opions ,thanks guys

Can you post some pics? Replacing a tunnel is a major job but doable. However, you may want to simply patch it up. It all depends on bad it is and what parts are actually damaged.

Also, would like to point out that there is a 4-Stroke Forum that is dedicated to the newer 4-strokes like your Vector. There is a link for it at the top. Many of us are on both forums.

ive gone on the Yamaha fiche parts diagram and basicall everything to do with rear bumper has to be replaced ,,all plastics covers exhaust heat shields, the only part back there still good is the taillight, the tunnel on the left back side is kinked just before the monting point for the track assembly where the 2 bolts are ,,ill try to get some pics tomorrow uploaded thanks

Back