vmax plastic skis

94vmax6

Read various write ups on this and since purchased a set of rx1 skis. I assume the spacers on either side of the spindle bushings will have to be eliminated? What do u read for carbides? Writeups say to make an additional spacer under the ski mount, my rx1 carbides barely have any thread left to be able to do this... Just want to know what I am getting into before pass point of no return, modifying these skis

i used a set of 04 rx skis when i did my et410. stock carbide studs where close but where long enough with the spacer. aftermarket carbides tend to have longer studs anyways so it should be fine.

doesn't hurt anything not having a ski bumper? thought must be there for a reason

stock steel skis on mine did not have bumper, so i did not add one when i installed them. check the ski bias on a good floor. the front should be slightly up for best handling.

I used Rx1 skis on my 96 Vmax 600, I used Woodys 6" carbides & they had plenty of stud to fit the spacer material. I also did not use the bumper. When I was taking the steel skis off only one side had a bumper under it, so I figured I'd try without the bumper and I never noticed any difference.

Back