Just got my first yamaha sled. Have questions about sled and this site

catsgonewild

I just became a member today after purchasing my first yamaha sled. I bought a 2011 Nytro xtx with 900 miles. My questions are....why is the red coolant light on when I first start up my sled for the day? It goes off after a minute or two. Does the light automatically come on when you start it up and turn off when coolant temp is what its suppose to be? This is my first electric start/4 stroke. Sorry if dumb question. (always had arctic cats before)
And also, Im trying to get on the 4 stoke forum. But when I try to start a new topic, it wants me to log in again, and it says my name is invalid. Its the same name Im using now. Which this forum doesnt ask my info again.

TIA for any help. Glad to be apart of the yamaha family. Heading to the UP of Mich at the end of the week for my first riding experience of a yamaha. Anything I need to know, besides the red light indicator. Where do you put the spare belt or any spare equipment? ANd how do you get to the plugs? Or do i not touch them?

Thanks. Any help about the light?

Also, lastly, where can i get a bracket for a handguard? I have a handguard that is broken off where the bolts go. The guard is fine, just need a bracket.

Light is normal on cold start up just let it do it thing until the light goes out DONT rev it up or move it just let it run. If you rev it up or move the sled with the light on it could foul out a plug and on the the nytro that a job to change plugs. Welcome to the family!!!

Thanks so much.
I just bought it and have ran it for friends and family and revved it up a few times right when I started it (because it has a can and i was showing off). Hopefully i didnt foul out a plug since it looks very hard to change. Will I be able to tell if one's fouled? I have no idea what the sled rides like since I just bought it and we dont have enough snow to ride. Will I be able to tell? Never fouled out a plug before in a sled. Once again, sorry if dumb question. Dont blast me, lol. I will get the hang of it sooner or later.

Last edited:
You will know you fould a plug if you get a missfire or the sled only runs on 2 cylinders. You can go many thousand kilometers on a set of plugs in these..... I could go on but everything you would ever want to know about the nytro will be on ty4stroke when you register

Back