2000 sxr soft suspension, need help

YAMMYJAM79

I recently bought a 2000 sxr 700 for $1700 got a good deal, super clean sled. Problem is i'm 270 lbs and the sled bottoms out when i sit on it! I tried tightening up the springs on the shocks but still sits real low! Is there any way i can raise the rear of the sled? Or should i just rebuild the nitrogen shocks and get stiffer springs?

The front mount on the rear shock ( biggest one ) should have 3 positions. Put the shock in the lowest if it isnt already, if not some fat boy springs are the answer. Rebuilding the shocks wont do much. They need a proper revalve to work at your weight as their ment for the average ( around 180 lb ) rider

The shocks don't carry the weight, the springs do. I would pull the skid and inspect it completely. Yes, I would get the shocks rebuilt and replace the springs. You may want to check the charts and move up to a stiffer rear spring at least.

Or, you could simply buy a newer skid in good shape (usually around $400) and get a ride upgrade in the process.

I did lower the shock to the lowest position, but still no luck! I tried getting a new spring but most places cant get them! Im in the toronto area if anyone on here knows where to get them i would appreciate it! Also does anyone know of drop brackets for this sled? Or should i just go for a whole new skid from a viper ?

If you are considering upgrading the skid, I would look for newer one like a mono or even other brands. The ride is much better.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The Viper skid is basically the same skid with different rate springs and different shock valving.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ill look into that, i herd somewhere that the viper skid would give you an extra 4" in height! Could be wrong just what i herd. I would like to raise the rear end if possible. Not to sure about the universal drop brackets though.

Ill look into that, i herd somewhere that the viper skid would give you an extra 4" in height! Could be wrong just what i herd. I would like to raise the rear end if possible. Not to sure about the universal drop brackets though.

Viper skid wont give you much if any height increase. cbperformance makes nice aluminum drop brackets. If I were you id just look for a used edge or doo sc3-4 skid. Wel help you with the install! Also last time I checked hygear and pioneer had different spring options.

My buddy has a m10 he said would work on my sled, not sure if it fits or not, but he wants a lot of $$ for it, affraid to spend a lot of dough on a skid that wont work.

you would need the mounting brackets for the m10. ive seen doo and poo skids go for $250. First off. how mechanically inclined are you? And are you comfortable drilling new holes in the tunnel of your sled?

If you can find a mono I make a template that will make drilling the holes a cinch. And the ride is vastly improved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

You would also want the big boy spring in it though, or have the shock revalved

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Back