overreving

JRC

I have an 02 viper ER I changed the track to 1.25 ripsaw, put on a 53/43 Dalton Helix with the green spring wrapped at 60. Out riding yesterday and I noticed that it pulls great to about 120-130km then it falls off. Its pulling about 9100rpm. I noticed the stock setup to have better top end. Any suggestions to get some top end back and to lower the rpms. Also noticed after high speeds that the idle remains high,around 4000 rpm and then the clutch will engage a bit and the idle knocks backdown to where it should be. Anybody have any suggestions?? The belt on it is brand new.

Last edited:

u guys are fooling the primary clutch by a helix and spring(i.e. pulls hard then falls off)....you should re-clutch the primary and go from there .....i run heel clickers @ 8400 rpm....pulls real hard.....(single pipe).

mine is at 8,900 and i didnt touch my clutching yet, im waiting for my helix. turk suggested an advant edge 48/40 helix, and if i need to come down more a w-w-w primary spring.

JRC, Try dropping your idle down to around 1500 rpms. Had same problem with the rpms not dropping after you stop. It should do the job worked for me.

Back