2000 MM 700 Mods

F3506.7

Guys,

I am thinking about buying a buddies 2000 Mountain Max 700. Since I live in Indiana, and mainly ride lower Michigan trails, I want to make some modifications if I purchase this sled. I am looking for advice.

First, I will need to drop the 136" x 2" track. I am thinking about going with a studded 136" x 1.5".

Second, I will want to widen out the front end. I was wondering if anyone knows what all will need to be changed? I assume the sway bar, shocks, upper & lower radius rods.

Third, I will want to install triple pipes and clutching. How difficult is it to find the proper clutch tuning parts for a Mountain Max at low land elevations with triples?

Should I change the gearing also? If so, any suggestions?

Any other thoughts or ideas would be great to hear, especially if somebody on here has already done this.

trim the lugs from 2" to 1.5". Shocks arent "needed" for widening but you can add longer tie rods to the list you have. depending on the brand of pipes the manufacturer such as slp and bender have a chart with jetting and clutching based on altitude. Theres also a member spec chart in the tech section of the site where there are many recommendations.

If you widen the front end without changing shocks you'll have a low rider. The difference between the narrow and wide shocks is 1.75" of length.

Back