Can i clean power valves w/ a brass brush?

BlueSRX7

What is the best thing to clean powere valves with? What is the best solvent to desolve carbon?

just dont use anything that is too stiff, or it will damage the surfaces of the valves, and they are not cheap.

What is the "surface"? What kind of damage can occur? Are you talking about the Teflon-like substance on them? What symptoms would present themselves if the valves were damaged?

Teflon-like substance? What are u talking about i dont think a teflon surface would last more than 10 seconds on a power valve. Power valves are machined out of carbon steal but like everyone was saying you dont want to scrach the hell out on the machined surface.

OK. I cleaned my PV for the first time this past summer. I had never seen PV before or seen it done, so I was on my own. I used a drill and and a wire brush and brake cleaner. It "appeared" that there was some kind of coating on it -- that's why I said "teflon". When mine were done, they were smooth as the proverbial baby's bottom -- no scratches. It only took about 5 minutes per PV with this method too. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't damage them because it appeared that this "coating" was gone after cleaning. If there truly is no coating, then I didn't hurt anything! Thanks.

If you already have the valves out of the sled, take a torch and heat each valve up before you clean it. I get them hot enough so I have to wear gloves. Once they are warm the carbon is softened up and is very easy to scrape off with a razor blade. If you haven't removed the valves yet, get your sled up to opperating temp before you pull them. Much easier to remove and clean this way.

Back