grand marais...

onlyblue

VIP Member
just thought i would post a couple pics of our last two weekends in grand marais.... had a great time, very impressed with the ride of my 136 conversion, and totally awed at the performance of wifes bone stock vector... it pulls wheelies like no other in the powder....

hope u enjoy...

Was just up there... did some awsome powder riding. We found a sink hole/bowl to play in not far from the hot dog stand. Wanna know how to get there? We had a riot!

Waterfoul said:
Was just up there... did some awsome powder riding. We found a sink hole/bowl to play in not far from the hot dog stand. Wanna know how to get there? We had a riot!

Grape, Ski & I know where you speak of! Did Jerry tell you about that spot?

onlybluesxv said:
just thought i would post a couple pics of our last two weekends in grand marais.... had a great time, very impressed with the ride of my 136 conversion, and totally awed at the performance of wifes bone stock vector... it pulls wheelies like no other in the powder....

hope u enjoy...

The second & third pictures are @ the airport... Cant quite guess the where the first was taken..... Maybe off trail 88?

onlybluesxv said:
where is the spot???

the first is on the lakeshore trail.... and yes others are at the airport...

Take the plowed road south of Jerrys hotdog stand to the county line where the snowplow stops, follow that road back in to the first opening on the right & follow that back in to the south-southwest....

WELCOME TO RACE BOWL

Talked to some guys that went down into the bowl over x-mas that said they almost did not make it back out because the snow was so deep then. It's a riot with a bunch of fresh snow.

Lakeshore trail.... Never would have guessed, I've only been through there a time or two ;)!

Yup, Jerry told us where the hole was. Best time I've ever had up there running in and out of that thing in fresh powder!!

Waterfoul said:
Yup, Jerry told us where the hole was. Best time I've ever had up there running in and out of that thing in fresh powder!!

Did you make it across the road from Jerry's? If you like to play you should!

Checkout www.johndee.com
Down @ the bottom of the page click on NCN & then the snow flake just south of GM, Thats over 4' of snow real close to the bowl!

onlybluesxv said:

hope u enjoy...

Hey, I went riding with you guys when I stayed at dave and Loris ;)!

onlybluesxv said:
Small world.....

that was a good ride too....

Do you have any pics from that ride? Mark would like to see his launch off of the hill. Suprisingly he didn't break anything.

100_2998.jpg

Mark and I want to go riding with you guys again. I like riding with people that like to stay in the snow. That off-trail riding was great. I can make another post of the pics I took. If any of your's turned out, let me know. I'd love to see them.

I broke the suspension on my srx, Not sure what jump did it in. But it will be all put back together this weekend. Along with a 1/4ripsaw, and 192 1.325 studs. So now I'll be able to run with the built up 800 on the way to the topend instead of realing it in after a long distance.

Dave got beat by my "yamafoo-foo" twice that weekend ;)!

Back