95 vmax 600 Dx rpm vs speed

Econow

Hi all - new to site but have been looking for info on my sled. Got it going this year after 6 yrs of sitting. My boy is 6 now and we are having fun. Have some questions on why it drinks so much fuel. I get about 60 km to a tank of fuel!!!!???
Had car best cleaned and the clutches cleaned. Skid was all unceased also.
First trip one roller on primary collapsed. Changed and put some new parts in.
Second trip seemed to not run right -ordered 2 more rollers and changed. Also an exhaust gasket.
Now it needs to run at a higher rpm to drive at trail speed. 40km at 5-6000 rpm.
Not sure what the weights should look like as normal but I think this May be the next items to replace.
Is there anything else to look at for fuel consumption?
Thanks and just remember I am new to this and learning.

My old vmax 600 started drinking lots of fuel, cleaned and reaplaced all worn parts in clutches and it was good again.

How far did you take that? Weights ? Springs? Have only replaced rollers and seals on primary.
What can go wrong on secondary?

I changed both springs, both main bushings in both clutches and buttons in the secondary, all other parts were good.

How do u know if the springs are bad. I've read that these clutches should have the springs changed a lot.

If the springs are more than a few years old it would be a good idea to change them, they really don't cost much. I think I paid maybe $30.00-$35.00 for both.

Back