running issue carbs? or eletronic?

denversrx

1998 mm600 Well, I cleaned the fuel pump ,tank, tank filter, fuel lines, carbs 3 times, set the fuel mixture screw to 2 turns out , now there set to 1 & 3/4 out , new gas , new plugs....so it starts on first pull nice , it opens up quick when I punch the throttle ,when I let off the gas & punch it again ,the motor pulsates like your turning off & on the ignition key what's up with this machine anyone know?

tors!!!!!!! open the hood and look for the 2 wires running to the carb rack, take them and plug them into each other and test again.

Yep that's definitely the tors, my sled did that after i cleaned the carbs. There's a little black button that the throttle arm thing rest on(not sure what its called)if that button isn't pressed down all the way the tors kicks in. I don't recommend leaving it bypassed for long as its a nice feature to have if your throttle gets stuck open.

I really thank you guys for replying on the issue I'm having here , I read somewhere that the other day , someone shows you what to clean on the tors circuit ,so I did that & I guess I must not have done it right, & it's like anything if you hear advice you try it , but I'll look at this again in the morning ,now is family time ,but I'll stay up all night reading other peoples issues that are the same...please check back with me again by noon tomorrow mountain time with what ever I find out on this , it's got balls other than this problem , my other sleds are 76 exciter 340 , 77 exciter 340 , 75 gpx custom build , 80 srx custom build , 96 mm600 , 98 mm700 & this 98 mm600 I'm working on ...thanks guys

Well guys , I've looked at some of the posted issues with the TORS & it all come down to tracing wires off another machine , & found out that the previous owner had marked the wires wrong on the carbs & I didn't catch till now , anyway the machine runs great! , I still have the diagnosis light flashing all the time , where would my next move be , to the coolant check?....you guys are great! thanks for your time & help with this , I tryed adding pictures but they wouldn't upload I'll try later..........

Glad to hear you resolved your problem. If the tors is working properly im not sure why the light would be flashing, maybe a loose or corroded connection somewhere? Ive never had a problem like that so i cant really say, but at least she runs good.

Well guys , I've looked at some of the posted issues with the TORS & it all come down to tracing wires off another machine , & found out that the previous owner had marked the wires wrong on the carbs & I didn't catch till now , anyway the machine runs great! , I still have the diagnosis light flashing all the time , where would my next move be , to the coolant check?....you guys are great! thanks for your time & help with this , I tryed adding pictures but they wouldn't upload I'll try later..........

If you don't have enough slack in the throttle cable you may have been activating TORS. We see at least a few posts every year for this.

I can't tell from your post whether you by-passed the TORS or not but if you did, that would be a reason the light is flashing. If so, reconnect TORS and add some slack in the throttle cable. You can't really get it too loose (it'll still allow for fuel throttle opening).

Well, here is a picture of the wires that were plugged in wrong , I have not done any bypassing of the tors in any way ,& I don't know if that's been done on this sled ,the next 2 pictures are of wires located down on the wire harness lower right side on machine by the voltage regulator area with red tape from previous owner who knows what for? my cable is vary loose 1/2 inch almost , but light stays blinking .......IMG_0499.jpgIMG_0500.jpgIMG_0503.jpg

Back