Viper runs great but sometimes won't go!

Automed

Ok all you tech guys I need your help!

I have an 2003 sxViper Mountain and it runs great...most of the time.

Today was a warm day +5C sled ran great but towards the end of the 165km ride it starting doing something strange. When I let off the throttle the engine sound would change and when I went to give it gas it just would not go. I have to let the rpm's slow down to 2000 or less than if I gave it throttle it ran fine for a while and it would do it again, and again.

It almost seems like timimg or something preventing the engine from revving up when it acts up.

Any clues on what to look for?

Oh; the warranty ran out on the Jan 19! Go figure......
:o|

tors is probably going off,throttle cable to tight or ice in the thumb throttle setting off tors when you first get on the gas.-Harvey

tors is that for when your throtle cable gets stuck and it cuts the engine out (just like the kill switch)

Would this be able to keep the engine idling but prevent it from revving up? Like it was way out in timming or something...

Last edited:
That is exactly what it does. You definately have a TORS problem. Like mentioned in the previous post, it could have just been some ice or something else..It coulds also be that your throttle cable is a little on the tight side. I think there is another thread going on TORS you may want to look through.

I think you can unplug it and plug the 2 connectors togeather ( both ends )
just to see if that is the proplem. I have done this before

Call your dealer. Since the warranty just ran out a couple of days ago they should still warranty it for you if they want your return business.

Back